Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

New happenings

Yo.

Here's a quick little post to tell you everything that's happenin' in the Hilbert world.



First!

The One Page Salon at the one and only Whip-In in Austin, TX. Click here for the event page. Jason Neulander of Intergalactic Nemesis fame will be hosting and I'll be reading one page from my work in progress, Invasion of the Weirdos. It starts at 7pm.



Second!

I've had some acceptances recently, none of which are yet posted anywhere but I'll tell you about them here.

Out of the Gutter's Flash Fiction Offensive accepted my story, Texas Cockfighter. The title is self-explanatory, really. I'll update and annoy everyone when it gets posted.

Dark Corners Press accepted my story, Voice of God, about a kind of demonic possession. I'm very excited to get into this new press's first release that's due out in September.

Foxing Quarterly is releasing a Green Ranger fanzine called Forever Green and they accepted my true story of love and jealous called, Nice Armor, Tommy. That will also be released in September.



Third! And! Last!

I worked my last shift at the one and only BookPeople on Tuesday. BookPeople is staffed by the hardest working, most talented creatives, and smartest folks I know. When I first moved to Austin, I didn't have any hope of a job. I applied at BookPeople and hassled the hiring manager like crazy about the status of my application. Looking back, that was dumb. They hired me anyways and it was the beginning of me building a community in Austin. My best friends and best creative collaborators work or have worked there. Support your local bookstore and buy a goddamn book from them sometime, will you?

I'm on to other things now and I'm juggling a ton of projects at once so, onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment